Friday, April 30, 2010

Benefit Celebutante Kit

A few weeks ago my sister and I went to Ulta to do some damage. I wasn't planning on getting anything but you all know how that works out. We both spent a lot of time at the Benefit counter and I found the Celebutante kit.

Inside, you get a mini High Beam (liquid highlighter), mini Benetint (lip and cheek stain), Dallas (boxed powder), mini I'm With the Band (lip gloss), mini Lady's Choice and No Competition lipsticks, Leggy and Dandy Brandy eyeshadows and a mini brush.
This is a really great starter kit if you never tried Benefit. I only have their boxed powder in 10 in my collection and have been dying to try High Beam, Lady's Choice and Dallas so this kit was perfect for me.
Here we have Benetint (lip and cheek stain) and the lighter pink is the gorgeous liquid highlighter High Beam.
When you rub them in, this is what you get. I'm not a fan of Benetint because it looks really scary at first, but really doesn't do anything for me when it's rubbed in on my cheeks. On the other hand, High Beam is pure love.
The top row of swatches here going from left to right are Lady's Choice lipstick, No Competition lipstick and I'm With the Band lipgloss. Lady's Choice is an amazing nude that is nude enough but doesn't make you look dead. I wish I would have had No Competition this winter because it's an amazing deep berry shade. I wore it to work a few weekends ago and got a lot of compliments. I'm With the Band is really pretty as well. It's not sticky and wears well and it even smells like Starburst YUM! Below the lip color swatches is Dallas. It is an amazing alternative to a bronzer. Instead of a harsh brown face color, it is a rosy brown which looks really natural on the skin. I love it to contour my cheeks with a brighter blush on the apples of my cheeks. Soo pretty.
The bottom two swatches are the 2 eyeshadows - Leggy and Dandy Brandy. They are both shimmery shades which are going to work really well for a simple daytime summer look.

Overall, I'm really happy I purchased this kit. It was great to try a variety of Benefit products because it is a great line. After using these products for about 3 weeks now, I am really lusting for the full sizes in High Beam, Lady's Choice Lipstick and Dallas boxed powder.

QOTD: What is your favorite kit/value set that you have in your collection?

Hope you're all doing well and you have a great weekend! To those who have finals like me next week - good luck!
XOXO, Chelsie

2 comments:

  1. I don't have many value sets but out of the ones I do have I probably would choose my Tarte 10 e/s palette as my fave. The shadows (there are 10 of them) come in neutral and colorful shades; almost like a UD palette i guess. But! The eyeshadows pop out individually if I wanted to travel with certain ones and put them in my MAC palettes (the Tarte shadows are square but I have taken the dividers out of my MAC palettes so it doesn't matter). Not to mention the shadows are SUPER pigmented!! A little goes a long way. And I only paid $44 for the whole set, plus I got a free e/s base! (similar to UDPP). GREAT value for such amazing shadows. Plus the case is super cute!! Pic is at the following link:
    http://www.ragingrouge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tarte-cosmetics-spring-2010-flower-child-eyeshadow-palette.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dani N: I have heard that Tarte palettes are good. TheBombshellSuite on YouTube really loves one that she got too. I will have to try one sometime. I don't own anything from Tarte. That packaging is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete