Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bobbi Brown Banter

Ever since I read Bobbi Brown's Makeup Manual (which I highly suggest reading), I have been in love with Bobbi Brown cosmetics. Her slogan is "Pretty Powerful", which summarizes her viewpoint on makeup for women. She believes that makeup should be used to only enhance natural features and not to hide anything. She also believes that makeup should make a woman feel her best, which in turn will make her feel powerful. I really love that view and I also think it's so refreshing because I feel like so many women (young and old) are pressured to hide behind their mask of makeup to cover up wrinkles, freckles, etc. When in fact, those things will be there no matter what so you might as well wear them proudly. Like I said, after I read her book and really got to know her line, I really wanted some of her makeup. Here's some things I've gotten:





My amazing boyfriend got me this palette for a random gift after I mentioned how I wanted it so badly. This is the picture from her site. In the palette, you receive an eyeshadow brush, lip brush, 4 lip colors and 6 eye shadows. When I first opened up my package, I was kind of surprised at it's size. I thought it would be bigger than what it is. It's about the size of a NYX 8 color eyeshadow palette. However, I'm still really really happy with it. What perfect colors for summer, right?

Here are the 4 lip colors up close. I think all would really suit any skin tone/color. They are gorgeous and very pigmented.

These swatches were created from just swiping the lip brush across the lip color about two times. The color on the furthest right is so gorgeous. It's more glossy than the others and is just amazing. I have been wearing it quite a lot.

Here are the eye shadows without primer. My favorites by far are the pinky colors and that gold color is absolutely to die for. I need to get my hands on the full sized eyeshadow in this color. It's called Bonfire. They are all really great. All shades are shimmery but the white and the soft brown color.

Look at them shine. Ahh I'm in love.

Overall, I am really glad I purchased this palette. It is a great Bobbi Brown starter kit and my obsession is definitely growing. I hope this was insightful if you have never tried Bobbi Brown.

QOTD: If you never tried Bobbi Brown, what are you dying to try? If you have tried Bobbi Brown, what are you loving?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Sorry for not being so good on your wallet, haha.

XOXO, Chelsie

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 things from Bobbi Brown, both of which I adore to death. 1) Lipgloss in Aubergine. It's such a pretty wine/berry color; it has a lot of pigment and stays on FOREVER! The only downside is it's super sticky... but I just don't wear it on windy days and I seem to do okay with it :)
    2) My corrector in Light to Medium Bisque. This stuff hides my undereye circles like you wouldn't believe! I was colormatched at Bloomies and the second she put it on me I thought, "where did my bags go??" it really is an amazing concealer/corrector. When set with a bit of Powderflage from Benefit, it stays on ALL day without creasing or looking cakey. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dani N: I really want to try her corrector because I have hereditary dark circles (BOO!) and they are difficult to cover up just by using concealer. My sister has Erase Paste which I was going to get too but it is so hard to blend out.

    ReplyDelete