Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Smokin Eyes

I know for a lot of women who are just getting into makeup the smokey eye is the most requested look to learn. My sister wanted me to teach her how to do a simple one as well as my cousin's fiance. For both of them, I recommended the NYX Smokey Eyes palette.

(Sorry it's all scratched up and dirty, but at least you know I use it! haha) I bought this from Cherry Culture a few months ago and it has been my go to smokey eye palette. Best of all? It was only $8. Let's take a look inside...
This palette has really great shades ranging from shimmering highlight colors to matte charcoal colors. No matter what combination of shadows you go with, they all work really well together.


They are super pigmented, not chalky at all and really easy to blend which are really great for a smokey eye look. Here is a smokey look I came up with last week before going out at night. All I used for my eyes were shadows from this palette!


QOTD: What are your holy grail shadows for creating your perfect night time smokey eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment